I had the pleasure of taking a class by the legendary Martin Parsons. For those of you that don’t know, he is known in the industry as the BEST special occasion stylist. It was inspiring to see his work and learn new techniques right here in Chicago! Excited to try some of my new skills on upcoming brides and prom girls!
Your makeup is one of the most important details to complete your ideal wedding-day look. To make sure you have the perfect fit, ask your makeup artist the following questions!
1. How long have you been doing bridal make-up?
2. How many brides have you done makeup for in the last year?
3. Will you have multiple brides on my wedding day?
4. What is your vision of my make-up for my wedding day? How would you suggest I have my makeup done?
5. Do you offer airbrush makeup?
6. Will you travel to my location? If so, is there an additional charge?
7. Will you bring your own supplies (make-up, brushes, etc.)?
8. Do you offer hair services as well? If not, do you have a recommendation for a bridal hair stylist?
9. Do you offer services for the bridal party or mother of the bride?
10. How do you charge?
11. What is your plan if you are ill? Do you have a backup artist?
12. What do you charge for a trial application?
13. What if I don’t like my makeup after the initial trial application?
14. What is the deposit required to reserve my wedding date?
15. When is the final balance due?
16. What is your cancellation policy?